[FFmpeg-user] V4L2 recording results in invalid data & buffer still owned errors.

artwait artwait at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 18:51:14 CEST 2014

I'm having exactly the same issue. Been banging my head against this for a
couple weeks. I too am using a Magewell capture dongle, but have also tested
a Inogeni capture dongle (both are USB3) and have the same results; so I
don't believe it's the capture hardware.

I'm on Ubuntu 14.04 with the 3.13 kernel. I've reinstalled Ubuntu twice, and
on two different machines--same issue. I've also tried avconf and Gstreamer.
Interestingly, they to have the same problem. So it's hard to understand
where the issue is.

Like the OP, I've found that recording from the capture device works great
after reboot--one time. Further attempts at recording are a crap shoot. It
rarely works, erroring with a "The v4l2 frame is 0 bytes, but 4147200 bytes
are expected" message. The only foolproof fix I've found so far is to reboot
the system.

Would love anyone else's suggestions/thoughts/input on this!