[FFmpeg-user] wmv to uncompressed avi

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Sep 23 10:05:21 CEST 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 17:14:39 -0700, gregr at nethere.com wrote:

> The following is from the FIJI docs: AVI (Audio Video Interleave) is
> a container format which can contain data encoded in many different
> ways. ImageJ only supports uncompressed AVIs, various YUV 4:2:2
> compressed formats, and PNG or JPEG-encoded individual frames.

This is a bit unclear regarding "various compressed formats", don't you
agree? That said, this page isn't much clearer:

http://imagejdocu.tudor.lu/doku.php?id=faq:general:which_file_formats_are_supported_by_imagej

Back to on-topic: From what I understand, so-called "uncompressed AVI"
contains raw video. I have found these pointers:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/291/219
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2011-October/002840.html

And you can probably replace "-acodec whatever" with "-an" for an image
processing program. ;-)

(Can PNG actually be packed into AVI? Wow.)

Moritz