[FFmpeg-user] How to generate h.264 raw data

Deron deron at pagestream.org
Thu Sep 25 18:46:42 CEST 2014

On 9/25/14 10:39 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Deron <deron <at> pagestream.org> writes:
>
>> I tried
>>
>> ffmpeg -i "test.avi" -c:v libx264 -bsf h264_mp4toannexb
>> -f h264 -an -y "test.h264"
> Why did you add h264_mp4toannexb?
> Did you try without?
>
> (Note that you do not have to specify -an, -f h264 and
> -vcodec libx264 if your output filename ends on ".h264".)
>
> Carl Eugen

As you might expect, I tried lots of different options. Looking at the
output again, it looks like my problem is interpreting the hex dump. It
appears that it put it into 16 bit intel words which is why nothing
looked right.

0000 0100 6467 etc instead of

00 00 00 01 67 64

Which makes a whole lot more sense to me. Sorry for the noise, and thanks!

Last question, is it possible to dump avcc/mp4 stream? The opposite of
h264_mp4toannexb?

Deron