[FFmpeg-user] response to user question

James Hickey dogdaynoon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 06:34:48 CEST 2014

http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2014-May/021539.html

I wanted to respond to that question at the link above. I am not sure how
to do it. This is my first time. :D

Pete H.,

I had the same problem as you are having. But on windows.

Mine turned out to be another piece of software that I had installed,
specifically Image Magick, that had added it’s own directory to the Windows
PATH and just happened to have a version of ffmpeg for itself to use as
well. So from that point on, unbeknownst to me, I was running a much older
version of ffmpeg.

I ended up doing C:> “where ffmpeg” at the prompt and it showed me where
ffmpeg was actually getting called from.

If  you are running linux I think it is either which ffmpeg or where ffmpeg
that will show you the same results.

Any way, Good Luck