[FFmpeg-user] Building FFMPEG and enabling x265

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Wed Apr 15 11:22:45 CEST 2015

Le sextidi 26 germinal, an CCXXIII, Werner Robitza a écrit :
> If you mean $HOME/ffmpeg_sources/x265/build/linux, then the .pc file
> is actually there.

Alone with just .pc files? If not, that is not correct.

> I guess that a "sudo make install" after the "make" in x265 works, but
> that installs it to /usr/local instead of the home directory, which is
> what all the other tools in the compilation guide do.

The "compilation guide" does not tell anything about x265. You failed at
adapting the instructions to specify the installation directory.

You should consider this a GUIDE, i.e. something that helps you learn a new
skill, not a ready-to-use just-copy-paste help.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George