[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg - avfoundation Audio stutters / sounds broken with screen capture [sample, config, output included]

kevin kevincastiglione at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 21:21:22 CEST 2015

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

> Le septidi 7 floréal, an CCXXIII, kevin a écrit :
> > I am a novice, could you please give the command for me to try it?
>
> -c:v mpeg4 and remove all other options to the video codec (preset, crf).

I tried first with fdk_aac, it sounds a little better but still skips a lot
and sounds out of sync

ffmpeg -f avfoundation -i "1:0" -r 25  -c:v mpeg4  -c:a libfdk_aac  -b:a
128k -ar 44100  screen-default-mpeg4-fdk-aac.mp4

Here is output file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gizfnpofetfhvu6/screen-default-mpeg4-fdk-aac.mp4?dl=1

I also tried without fdk_aac and similar output: skips a lot and sounds out
of sync
ffmpeg -f avfoundation -i "1:0" -r 25  -c:v mpeg4  screen-nofdk.mp4

Here is output file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9e3mes6a98vtd4/screen-default-mpeg4-nofdk.mp4?dl=1