[FFmpeg-user] ffserver crashes from time to time

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Apr 27 22:38:18 CEST 2015

Hi En,

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 14:14:50 -0400, En Figureo Canal wrote:
> Can't seem to star ffserver that way. I intalled it using source.
> Usually I start ffserver like this: /usr/local/fmpeg/ffserver -f /etc/ffserver.conf

Then go to your (uninstalled) source directory, and call
$ gdb -ex r --args ./ffserver_g -f /etc/ffserver.conf

This launches your ffserver(_g) with gdb.

Once it crashes, you will get a prompt within gdb. Type:
$ thread apply all bt full

We need the complete output. :-)

And please don't make screenshots, but rather copy the text from the
console and paste it here.

Thanks,
Moritz