[FFmpeg-user] HLS one liner from /dev/videoX

Kai Hendry hendry at webconverger.com
Thu Apr 30 11:05:27 CEST 2015

On 30 April 2015 at 15:38, Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> wrote:
> Yes. You have too many links to external stuff (tarballs, logs [why not
> attached here?], various scenarios, various requests, and it's unclear
> what the problem is.

Whoa, I try to be as detailed as possible and then I get criticized
for including too much stuff?! :) Email attachments suck, that's why I
didn't include the tarball.

> Your only problem report:
>> CPU iPhone OS 8_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like
>> Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12F70 Safari/600.1.4" will fail to dark
>> grey screen.
>
> has unclear wording. What dies "fail to dark grey screen" mean? Does
> the player show some sort of error ("fail"), or does it just display
> the video incorrectly (dark grey)? Does audio work?

HLS playback fails. Nothing plays back. There is no audio, because A)
there was no video B) I haven't included audio in my inputs.

> You may have overseen one important message in your logs:
>> No pixel format specified, yuv422p for H.264 encoding chosen.
>> Use -pix_fmt yuv420p for compatibility with outdated media players.

I doubt IOS safari is an outdated player.

Do you really want me to include the 7M of attachments?

Kind regards,