[FFmpeg-user] task/job offer

Jonathan Viney jonathan.viney at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 07:47:16 CEST 2015

On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 2:24 AM, vedran <valajbeg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> few days ago i tried to get somebody to prepare some ffmpeg commands for me
> with detail requirements what i need. Unfortunately other than few
> comments, nobody appeared.
>
> I'm prepared to pay 100$ for following, if you think it is not enough, say
> and explain why. If the task is completed properly, we could have
> continuous contract
>
> If you are not interested to work or help, don't mess the thread.
>

> 1. I would give you about 30 videos as a sample for input, various formats,
> usually from mobile phones and home cameras
>
> 2. I need JUST command/s which would:
>  - Reduce resolution if the source video is greater than 1024px width.

-vf "scale=min(iw\,1024):-2"

>  - Keep the format proportional

The above filter already does this.

>  - Keep proper audio quality of any source video

Not sure what you mean. If you don't want to re-encode the audio you
can copy the stream.

-acodec copy

>  - Preserve as good as possible quality/bitrate ratio of the video.
>  - Video to be playable in html5 player (videojs) on iphone 3 and above (so
> that the bitrate is not more than iphone can play or that it is not higher
> resolution than iphone can handle)

-vcodec libx264 -profile:v baseline -pix_fmt yuv420p

I don't know what the maximum bitrates for the iPhone 3 are. But you
can specify maximum and minimum bitrates as described here:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Limiting%20the%20output%20bitrate

>  - have two outputs, one with flv and another with mp4 (no ogg or any other
> formats)

At the end of the filter chain you can use the split filter to create
two outputs.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Creating%20multiple%20outputs

Eg:

-filter_complex "scale=min(iw\,1024):-2,split=2[one][two]" -map
"[one]" one.flv -map "[two]" two.flv

For each output you can specify the encoding options after the -map
option. Eg -vcodec libx264 -profile:v baseline etc ...

Hopefully that helps.

Regards,
-Jonathan.