[FFmpeg-user] Framemd5s of file before and after transcode in the one command line

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Wed Aug 5 17:18:25 CEST 2015

On 08/05/2015 03:34 PM, Kieran O'Leary wrote:
> Here was my command line:
>
> ffmpeg -i Sequence.01.mov -f framemd5 Sequence.01.framemd5 -c:v h264 -c:a copy Sequence.01.mkv -f framemd5 Sequence.01h264.framemd5
>
> It produced identical framemd5s. Is it possible to get ffmpeg to produce a framemd5 of the output file as well?

I'm not sure if it's possible in a single step (as you're trying to do).
As far as I know, ffmpeg generates all output from the given source
(Sequence.01.mov) - not from intermediate-output you created in that
step (Sequence.01.mkv)

I guess you might have to generate the output framemd5 separately
afterwards.

Maybe others here know better?

Regards,
Pb