[FFmpeg-user] Concat AAC failure

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Aug 22 19:39:57 CEST 2015

Hi les,

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 10:11:45 -0700, les_garten wrote:
> ts files.  When I concat, I get perfect video with no audio.
> Here is the mp4 codec info:
>
> Stream0
> 	Type: Video
[...]
> Stream 1
> 	Type:Audio
[...]

I believe you have a wrong understanding of what concat means. What are
you trying to achieve? In the concat protocol doc, it explains it in
different words:
https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-protocols.html#concat
  "Read and seek from many resources in sequence as if they were a
   unique resource."
In sequence, so after one another.

What it does't say there is that it's for concatenation of files with
same codec. See here:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Concatenate#samecodec

Are you really trying to put your audio file _after_ the video file?
Probably not. I think what you are trying to do is commonly called
"merge" or "multiplex" (short "mux"). It's one of ffmpeg's easiest
tasks.

Please clarify.

Moritz