[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg overlay last frame remaining in video

Chad Horton chorton at hotsalsainteractive.com
Tue Aug 25 17:57:53 CEST 2015

Thank you.  I'm learning.  What I set up for all the various parameters
was what I pieced together while trying to figure out how to create the
overlays, both through trial and error, reading the documentation on
ffmpeg.org, and asking experts for guidance.

This particular ffmpeg is being used in an Android app I've developed.
It's very painful to compile ffmpeg via android ndk constantly and then
have to rebuild the apk and push out to the google play store.

>> ... for your main issue, your overlay needs the eof_action option:
>>overlay=eof_action=pass

Worked like a charm. Thank you!

>>What is this -itsoffset for?

Users can set when they want to start the overlay video

>>Why use -c:v libx264 *and* -vcodec mpeg4? These are mutually exclusive,
>>and mpeg4 is chosen as the encoder since it was declared later.

I have corrected this.

>>Your main input is 30000/1001. Why are you setting the output frame rate
>>with -r 30?

I have removed this.

>>Why do you use single pass with -b:v instead of -crf? See:
>>https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/H.264

Interesting.  I¹m definitely going to test with -crf