[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg -f x11grab can't record context menus in autodesk maya ?

Han Jiang oglops at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 09:58:59 CET 2015

I have been using ffmpeg -f x11grab to record my linux desktop, but in an
3d application such as autodesk maya, the viewport recorded fine, all the
menus are fine, the problem is for the right mouse clicked context menus,
they are not recorded in the screen cast.

what could be the reason for this? ( autodesk maya viewport is driven by
opengl )

I tried on a friend's laptop it worked fine, is this related to linux
system configuration ?