[FFmpeg-user] Remux MPEG-TS file fails: Mid-stream changes?

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Mon Dec 14 19:05:38 CET 2015

On 12/13/2015 11:49 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> I was mainly looking for a way to normalize the format/behavior of the
>> audio track, because it couldn't be opened properly in NLEs or most
>> players it was opened with.
> I still don't think this is true (just disable libfaad in all these
> players, they most likely use libavcodec as well) but why don't you
> simply use the following if really needed?
> $ ffmpeg -i input.ts -vcodec copy -acodec ac3 -ab 640k out1.ts
> or
> $ ffmpeg -i input.ts -vcodec copy -acodec mp2 -ab 320k out2,ts

Thanks for your suggestions, but tweaking the player/NLE side is not an
option in this case, since there is more material with these properties
expected to be recorded and archived.

For the NLEs used, I think this is not even possible (proprietary).

Therefore I would rather fix/normalize the files - in a lossless way. So
at least the audio of these files behaves okay.
Possible videostream errors are a different subject :)

So far, transcoding the mixed-audio to pcm_s16le in a non-TS container
seems to work as expected.

Thanks again!
Pb