[FFmpeg-user] For Sansa Clip Jam, FFmpeg is busted but avconv is OK.

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Thu Dec 24 19:08:41 CET 2015

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015, at 08:45 AM, batguano999 wrote:

> Hi
> Any ideas about this trac report? --->
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4998
> How to make FFmpeg m4a muxer behave same as avconv m4a muxer?

Is this a regression? Did it work with an older ffmpeg?

Kind of hard to provide suggestions because I don't have access to such
a device for testing.

m4a output uses the so called "ipod" muxer (whatever that means).
Shotgun approach is to view the muxer options and experiment until you
find out what works and what doesn't.

ffmpeg -h muxer=ipod

Since #4998 may be a duplicate of #2809 does adding "-skip_iods 0" as an
output option make a difference?