[FFmpeg-user] How to deinterlace with simple blend or add

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Dec 25 19:57:11 CET 2015

MI <mi.lists.ffmpeg <at> alma.ch> writes:

> I have a video which was orginally shot progressive,
> then encoded as interlaced.

Could you elaborate a little on what exactly was done?
(Sharing a sample as suggested by Paul is of course
also sufficient.)

The reason I ask is that "encoded as interlaced" can
mean many things:
The video could have been encoded in field-mode and
signalled as interlaced (no action needed).
It could have been a 50fps video that was interlaced
and encoded as 25i (only yadif or equivalent helps).
The fields of the progressive video could have been
shifted, the phase filter fixes this.
I guess other possibilities exist.

Merry Christmas, Carl Eugen