[FFmpeg-user] Joining mp4 files did not yield the expected file

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 00:20:18 CET 2015

On 12/29/2015 03:40 PM, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 14:31:38 -0700, jd1008 wrote:
>> I concocted this script and it worked perfectly; albeit, I would
>> have liked the output to be in HD (1920x1080).
>> However, every time I tried to set the size to 1920x1080, it
>> took forever to transcode a small video file, so I abandoned
>> the HD for the output.
> That's peculiar, because in the command lines you used, there is no
> transcoding involved, just remuxing.
>
> Where you trying to change the size, and in that course re-encode?
> That will take more amount of time. Not *forever* though, it just
> depends on your computation power and your patience. ;-)
OK, so to make output be in HD, I have to re-encode, using
the command line options that Reindl provided a couple or 3
days ago.
Since I am not an audio/video expert, I will have to struggle
with those options and see what works .

>> For some reason, ffmpeg command line insists that the list of .ts files be
>> in double quotes. So, I enclosed the list first in double quotes on inside,
>> and then in single quotes around them.
>> Perhaps this is a ksh caveat???
> It does sound peculiar.
>
> Moritz
The interesting thing is that if I take the final command out of the
script file, and invoke it directly from the command line, it works just
fine.