[FFmpeg-user] issue with trim & pan filters

Christian Johannesen chrisjohannesen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 23:30:26 CET 2015

> On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 3:15 AM, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/30/15, Christian Johannesen <chrisjohannesen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > [trim for input stream 0:1 @ 000000ecd74caac0] Cannot select channel
>> layout
>> > for the link between filters trim for input stream 0:1 and Parsed_pan_0.
>> > [trim for input stream 0:1 @ 000000ecd74caac0] Unknown channel layouts
>> not
>> > supported, try specifying a channel layout using
>> > 'aformat=channel_layouts=something'.
>> > Error configuring complex filters.
>> > Invalid argument
>>

>> Looks like bug in atrim filter, I will post patch for it.
>>

> Thank you very much! Look forward to testing the patch.

Saw the patch you posted to the ffmpeg-devel list. I patched the source,
compiled a new executable and tested with my file and the patch fixed the
issue. I can now use the trim filter with the file with 12 channels of
audio in a single audio track.

Thank you very much and have a happy new year!
Chris