[FFmpeg-user] force_key_frames

Jean-Georges Fritsch jgfritsch at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 07:14:46 CET 2015

Hello I have been trying to use ffmpeg (version 2.5.3) to insert key frame in am H.264/mpeg transport stream. But no key frame gets inserted.
Here is the command line:ffmpeg  -i input.ts -force_key_frames:v 70 -acodec copy -vcodec copy -async 1 -y output.tsor
ffmpeg  -i input.ts -force_key_frames:v 00:00:02.333 -acodec copy -vcodec copy -async 1 -y output.ts
Let me know what I am doing wrong. BTW I see the output stream contains PAT/PMT before every frame. Is is the expected behavior?
Thx,
JGF