[FFmpeg-user] Questions about openCORE AMR behavior

Nicanor Garcia ngocello at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 16:30:51 CET 2015

Hello,

I'm currently using ffmpeg to encode and decode voice signals with the AMR
codec for my research, but I have some questions about its behavior which I
haven't been able to answer myself by searching through the documentation.

Currently I'm using the -b option to set the bitrate of the encoded audio,
but I want to know what would happen if I didn't set that option? Would I
get a multi-rate audio signal?

If you could lead me to more information about this options I would really
appreciate it.

Thank you very much.