[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg connecting to DVB-T system has cropping

Anubis anubis at iwwd.com
Tue Feb 3 05:49:09 CET 2015

Hi All,

I'm trying to get a h264 stream setup between a server we use to produce a
local content channel and our DVB-T2 h264 compatible TV distribution system.
I've got the stream being picked up by the TV system (albeit a bit poor
quality at this stage) but my main issue is that the picture is being
cropped, as if it's too large to fit in the screen.

The resolution on the server is 1920x1080 and the stream is setup with the
following parameters:

ffmpeg ^
 -f dshow -i video="screen-capture-recorder" ^
 -f dshow -i audio="Stereo Mix (Realtek High Definition Audio)" ^
 ^
 -c:v libx264 ^
 -tune zerolatency ^
 -preset:v veryfast ^
 -x264opts
bitrate=4000:vbv-maxrate=4000:vbv-bufsize=3000:ratetol=200:vbv-init=200 ^
 -pix_fmt yuv420p ^
 -bf 3 ^
 -b_strategy 1 ^
 -profile:v high ^
 -level:v 4.1 ^
 -r 25.00 ^
 -g 25 ^
 -s 1920x1080 ^
 -aspect 16:9 ^
 -b:v 4M ^
 -minrate 4M ^
 -maxrate 4M ^
 -bufsize 2M ^
 ^
 -c:a libmp3lame ^
 -b:a 256k^
 -ar 44100 ^
 -ac 2^
 -threads 0 ^
 -streamid 0:430 ^
 -streamid 1:446 ^
 ^
 -f mpegts ^
 udp://224.2.2.70:5000?localaddr=192.168.5.70^&pkt_size=1316

Is there something that I've misconfigured which would make the picture seem
cropped or zoomed in?  I've checked on a number of different TV's but all
display the same.

Also, I need to try and keep the channel to a max of 4Mbps; are the settings
I have here the best quality I could get out of the picture while keeping
within 4Mbps?

Thanks
Anubis.