[FFmpeg-user] Capturing video from old webcam

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Feb 6 00:24:18 CET 2015

Paweł Kajak <pkajak <at> gmail.com> writes:

> ffmpeg -f rawvideo -video_size 352x288
> -vcodec yuv4 -i /dev/video1 test.mpeg

Your camera does not provide data encoded in
yuv4 (a very rare format defined by libquicktime
iirc). It does not support yuv420 either,
judging from the output you provided earlier.

Did you already test the -framerate option?
Does it work?

Do you really think the quality will improve
at a higher resolution? I would expect that
the camera does some upscaling internally,
don't you agree? The bayer output is what
the camera provides internally imo.
Anyway, test with libv4l2, I would expect that
this works (but I have never used it so I
cannot help you with it).

Carl Eugen