[FFmpeg-user] Wrong aspect ratio correction

Kimio Miyamura xanadu at apost.plala.or.jp
Mon Feb 9 14:51:53 CET 2015

2015/02/09 21:50, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> wrote:

> Kimio Miyamura <xanadu <at> apost.plala.or.jp> writes:
>
>> configuration:
>
> Some comments regarding your configuration:
>
> The following are the default (and have no effect),
> you can remove them:
> --enable-postproc
> --enable-filters
> --enable-runtime-cpudetect
> --enable-bzlib
> --enable-zlib

I understand. Will fix my guide ASAP.

> Why did you have to disable the following options?
> --disable-indev=qtkit
> --disable-indev=x11grab_xcb
> --disable-outdev=sdl
>
> Is there a bug in FFmpeg that we don't know about?

I have copied those option from 2 site which I referred.

http://evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/

http://blog.k-tai-douga.com/article/87476810.html  (Japanese site)

Then I googled about those 3 option and found that as follows:

About qtkit:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26652950/remove-qtkit-dependency

I also know that QuickTime is already replaced with AV Faundation on Mac OS X 10.9 and later...

About x11grab_xcb
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/46281

After I read above two, I thought that I should add "--disable-indev=qtkit" option and "--disable-indev=x11grab_xcb" option for Mac OS X.  If this is wrong, I will remove those option...

About --disable-outdev=sdl, the site which I referred mentions that "If you want to disable SDL in ffmpeg, add '--disable-outdev=sdl' option."  Since I'm installing SDL in ffmpeg compile partition (Diskimage), I thought that I should add this option.  If this is wrong, I will remove those option...

Best Regards,

// Miya