[FFmpeg-user] Wrong aspect ratio correction

Kimio Miyamura xanadu at apost.plala.or.jp
Mon Feb 9 20:18:31 CET 2015

2015/02/09 23:53, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> wrote:

> Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> writes:
>
>> Why did you have to disable the following options?
>> --disable-indev=qtkit
>> --disable-indev=x11grab_xcb
>> --disable-outdev=sdl
>
> Allow me to clarify:
> There is nothing wrong with these options (one
> disables qtkit, one disables x11grab and the
> third disables sdl), I just wanted to know if
> you added the options because you believe it
> makes more sense not to use them or because
> there is a problem if you don't disable them.
>
> Is x11grab_xcb enabled on your system if you
> don't use --disable-indev=x11grab_xcb?
> Is the sdl device enabled on your system if
> you don't disable it? Is there a problem if
> it is enabled?

I have red documents provided by http://ffmpeg.org and tested in my environment then found that:

1.qtkit is still functionable with FaceTime HD camera.  So  "--disable-indev=qtkit" option don't have any meaning.

2.Without disabling x11grab, xcbx11grab does not function on Mac OS X including XQuartz.  So "--disable-indev=x11grab_xcb" option don't have any meaning.

3.I don't have any reason to disable ffmpeg's output to SDL window.  So "--disable-outdev=sdl" option too don't have any meaning.

I have already re-build my ffmpeg and will correct my guide soon.

Regarding my beginning question, video aspect ration correction, my question was wrong.  I crop setting value 640x360 crops additional 10x120 pixel from video. Also re-encoding result shows me the video's aspect ratio are not incorrect.  I wish I could sink through the floor...

Best Regards,

// Miya