[FFmpeg-user] IVTC with pullup filter

marcjn windbreiz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 22:40:24 CET 2015

Nicholas Robbins-2 wrote
>> On Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:24 PM, Nicholas Robbins <

> nickrobbins@

>> <

> nickrobbins@

> > wrote:
>>

>>>  I think your problem is that your media is not actually 29.97 fps.
>>>
>>>  ffprobe reports 28.97 fps, multiplying that by 4/5 gives 23.76
>>>

>>>  Try just -vf pullup,fps=23.176 no fps argument.
>>

>> Don't know why I said "no fps argument".
>>

>> Try -vf pullup,fps=23.176
>

> Or try a different output format. If you use mkv as the output it seems to
> work, and counting frames gives a fps of 22.109 fps. Where are you getting
> this video? 28.97 fps is very strange.
>
> --Nick

My mistake.  I can't believe I did that and overlooked it .  Thanks for
looking at the sample.  The reason for the strange frame rate: I created
that clip from a 29.97 fps telecined recording, and to be sure I had a
constant 29.97 fps, I wrote -r 29000/1001 instead of 30000/1001.  I am
adding a hopefully 'correct' 29.97 fps TermSample3.mp4 sample  here
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71351606/TermSample3.mp4>
Now, using -vf pullup,fps=23.177 on the original sample still gives me 2
progressive + 2 blended frames when runnning the command (see log  here
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71351606/pullup_fps20.log>  )
Using -vf pullup,fps=24000/1001 on the new 29.97 fps sample
(TermSample3.mp4), I still get the same result (see log  here
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71351606/pullup_fps3.log>  )

I will look at mkv as well but it seems that my frame rate error doesn't
explain the issue at this point.