[FFmpeg-user] IVTC with pullup filter

marcjn windbreiz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 03:56:40 CET 2015

Nicholas Robbins-2 wrote
> Using
>
> ffmpeg -i TermSample3.mp4 -vf pullup out.mkv
>
> I compare the frames in the original that were not combed, they appear to
> be identical to the new one. I don't see the problems you are seeing.  The
> only problem is that this produces 24 fps material that claims to be 30
> fps.
>
> Adding in -r 24000/1001 fixes the 30fps claim. Now the material claims to
> be 24fps. Only 2 frames are dropped as a result of the -r output option.
> -Nick

Now I see the same thing:

Gives all progressive frames.  Good result. Could'nt see the frame rate with
MediaInfo, but has to be 23.976 fps

All progressive frames: 4 individual frames + 1 duplicate.  29.97 fps.  Just
need to eliminate the dupes.

All progressive frames, 23.976 fps, the dupes have been dropped.  Good
result.
No idea why the behavior is different for the mp4 container and mkv.
Also, I need to find out why
 works perfectly, while

Nicholas Robbins-2 wrote
> Could you double check that the orginal isn't blurred. Those amo belts or
> whatever he is swinging are blurred in the original because they are
> moving quickly.

The ammo belts are blurred because of the movement.
Now, I need to find out why
works well, while
 still creates 3 progressive + 1 blended.

Jean