[FFmpeg-user] Using ffmpeg to create video wall

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Feb 17 18:17:37 CET 2015

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 16:39:07 +0000, Matt Conway wrote:
> and the command on the clients (For top left tile)-
> "avconv --tile-code=41 udp://239.0.1.23:1234"

avconf is not ffmpeg and is not supported here. ffmpeg may share some
of the shortcomings you are observing, but you won't know until you
try.

> The command I am using on the master -
> "ffmpeg -i rtsp://StreamUrl -r 30 -an -f avi udp://UdpUrl"
[...]
> I cannot get the wall to pick up anything other than avi and I cannot get
> any -vcodec settings to work so if this is the cause of the issue then I do
> apologise for my lack of knowledge on the subject! When trying to use
> libx264 it returns an error to use -vpre but this does not work either.

Assuming you mean the ffmpeg you are using on the "master":

You're not telling us what the errors are. Why not? ;-) Please include
the complete, uncut console output from your ffmpeg command, and the
complete command line(s) used to create it.

Thanks,
Moritz