[FFmpeg-user] RTMP output - "Past duration too large"

Matt Conway conwayxd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 15:26:22 CET 2015

I'm trying to use ffmpeg to livestream to an online service such as ustream.

This is the command I am using -

ffmpeg -i rtsp://RTSPStreamUrl -an -f avi rtmp://RTMPStreamUrl

It keeps returning a long list of errors all saying "Past duration X.XXXXXX
too large", the number is changing however, increasing the longer I leave
the stream running. Is this because the frames in my stream are too large?
What can I do to stop this from happening.

Here is a screenshot of the output.

[image: Inline image 1]