[FFmpeg-user] RTMP output - "Past duration too large"

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Feb 23 16:20:55 CET 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 14:26:22 +0000, Matt Conway wrote:

> Here is a screenshot of the output.

Wow. You're supposed to copy the text, not send images.

> It keeps returning a long list of errors all saying "Past duration X.XXXXXX
> too large", the number is changing however, increasing the longer I leave
> the stream running. Is this because the frames in my stream are too large?
> What can I do to stop this from happening.

I have NO idea whatsoever what the code is checking there, and whether
it has anything to do with your issue.

That said, as far as I can tell from the code, those messages won't
come if you choose "-vsync passthrough" or "-vsync drop". (That's just
a suggestion to try, by no means meant as a solution. Sorry.)

As questioned before: Have you tried stream-copyig instead of recoding
to flv1?

Moritz