[FFmpeg-user] RTMP output - "Past duration too large"

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Feb 23 16:57:15 CET 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 15:23:54 +0000, Matt Conway wrote:
> I did try to copy the stream but ustream needs to receive in the flv
> format, it does not pick it up otherwise.

FLV is a format, H.264 is a codec. The FLV container can hold H.264
video, and ffmpeg's multiplexer does support that.

And I'm sure ustream's FAQs recommend H.264 as a codec.

So if it must be FLV _format_:
  -c:v libx264 -f flv
or in your case:
  -c:v copy -f flv

That _should_ work, at least from ffmpeg's perspective, and probably
from ustream's as well.

Moritz