[FFmpeg-user] Fastest lossless codec and settings.

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Jan 2 00:12:32 CET 2015

On Thu, Jan 01, 2015 at 18:14:15 +0100, Zsolt wrote:
> Interestingly even rawvideo and the other uncompressed formats I tried
> resulted in high max/near-max CPU usage.

Interesting.

> Lot of recommendations, which is cool. But isn't there some sort of
> agreement which is the fastest lossless codec/setting? (Not counting
> uncompressed formats)

You could do some experimenting yourself. ;-) Here's an old comparison:
http://compression.ru/video/codec_comparison/lossless_codecs_2007_en.html

Since your input material is - sort of - well known, someone should
probably have an idea which codec is best for that. But perhaps your
experiments can be of help to someone else! :-)

Moritz