[FFmpeg-user] [ffmpeg-user] Transcode to high bitrate of Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master

Xuebing Wang xbing6 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 02:52:22 CET 2015

Hi community,

ffmpeg options are a bit daunting for me. Can anyone teach me how to
transcode to high bitrate of Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master?

I download testing samples from here:
http://www.demo-world.eu/2d-demo-trailers-hd/

Cavalcade (Lossless) (DTS-HD MA 5.1), ffplay can play it with no
problem, ffplay shows its audio bitrate is 1536 kb/s.

Can someone teach me how to transcode this .m2ts file to high bitrate
audio (e.g. max 24.5 Mbps for 5.1 channels, 192k sampling rate, 24 bits,
5.1 channels) (i: still attain the video stream, ii, audio only)?

Thanks.
Xuebing Wang