[FFmpeg-user] I am confused between your FFMPEG and Sourcefordge FFMPEG

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Jan 26 16:16:57 CET 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 15:01:31 +0000, Dani A wrote:
> Is there a way I can replace all those old steps with one package installation that will have FFMPEG-PHP and FFMPEG?

Do you google? Did you read Lou's e-mail? ffmpeg-php is discontinued -
since 2007, as it seems. This means it most certainly won't work with
recent versions of ffmpeg.

It seems this may be a recent replacement:
https://github.com/buggedcom/phpvideotoolkit-v2

They claim:
"As FFmpeg-PHP has not been updated since 2007 using FFmpeg-PHP with a
new version of FFmpeg can often break FFmpeg-PHP. Using
PHPVideoToolkits' emulation of FFmpeg-PHP's functionality allows you to
upgrade FFmpeg without worrying about breaking functionality of
provided through the FFmpeg-PHP API."

I know nothing more than this though.

Moritz