[FFmpeg-user] I am confused between your FFMPEG and Sourcefordge FFMPEG

Werner Robitza werner.robitza at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 19:58:24 CET 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 4:58 PM, Dani A <danix4u-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
> So can someone amazing show me how I can install both the latest FFMPEG library from FFMPEG.org and the PHPvideotoolkit v2 on my CENTOS/ Cpanel?  My server is live and I do not want to start testing stuff on it.

Download the latest static Linux build from
http://ffmpeg.org/download.html and put it in /opt/local/bin, then
make it executable.

Download the PHP wrapper library of your choice (phpvideotoolkit-v2 or
PHP-FFMpeg) and configure it according to the documentation. I think
PHP-FFMpeg is more up to date and has better documentation.

If you have troubles installing binaries, making them executable,
configuring PHP, etc. then this mailing list is not really the place
for such questions, I'm afraid. You really should not be playing on a
live server with these things anyway, so perhaps it would be good to
fire up a CentOS virtual machine and test there first.

Good luck!