[FFmpeg-user] Convert files on the fly...does it work?

Dani A danix4u at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 6 01:03:51 CEST 2015

I want to convert  files where the source and destination files are have the same name and on the same folder.

Can FFMPEG allow that?
The command below and as you can see, I am using the same file name in both the source and destination.

ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -c:a copy -c:v copy -movflags faststart video.mp4

 I do not want to create a new file and then delete the old file and then rename the new file to the old file name.