[FFmpeg-user] 'xyz2rgb' filter

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Tue Jul 7 18:06:29 CEST 2015

> If a white paper now claims that ProRes
> stores "RGBA" what else than nonsense
> is this in your opinion?

My opinion is that the Arri Alexa XT and XR digital cinematography cameras can record ProRes 4444 XQ, an RGB format, but clearly I'm mistaken.

Strangely enough, though, Arri seem to think they can as well. Since they've clearly made such a grave error, you may wish to contact Arri and give them the benefit of your analysis. I'm sure their entire engineering team will be as impressed with your in-depth knowledge of the subject as I am.