[FFmpeg-user] Compiling ffmpeg to use tesla-GPU capability

theo.laurent at orange.com theo.laurent at orange.com
Mon Jul 20 11:14:15 CEST 2015

Hey !

I am trying to use gpu capability on ffmpeg (Nvenc) so this Is what I did : - bring back source code to my machine from this git depository https://github.com/Brainiarc7/ffmpeg_libnvenc

                                                                                                             - install NVIDIA NVENC SDK
                                                                                                             - copy the header from samples/nvEncoder/inc to usr/include same for cuda.h
                                                                                                             - ./configure with -enable-nonfree -enable-nvenc
                                                                                                             - make & make install

However when I use the command nvidia-smi to see gpu utilization, it stand to 0% so I don't understand what I miss

I am using 2xNvidia Tesla k10 and rhel6

Thank you.