[FFmpeg-user] Best ffmpeg commands for h.264 mp4 and webm to play on all browsers

Robin Lery robinlery at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 17:02:20 CEST 2015

Hi,
This is my first post. If I am missing something please let me know. I am
buiding a video sharing aap, and wanted to know what are the the best
ffmpeg commands to transcode videos that would work on all the devices.

I am planning to transcode on both h.264 mp4 and webm for a video.

I tried this command for h.264 video but its only working on desktop
browsers and not on mobile devices.

ffmpeg -i inputfile.avi -codec:v libx264 -profile:v baseline -preset slow
-b:v 250k -maxrate 250k -bufsize 500k -vf scale=-1:360 -threads 0 -codec:a
libfdk_aac -b:a 96k output.mp4

However the above transcoded video works mobile firefox browser, and not on
chrome or opera or safari.

So I was hoping if you could guide me and help me to solve the problem. I
will be very much grateful to you.

Thank you.