[FFmpeg-user] Is it possible to have ffmpeg pause and resume based on icecast metadata values changing?

John Oyler john.m.oyler at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 21:13:32 CEST 2015

I've had some luck doing the pause/resume thing with CONT and STOP signals.
And I think I could also script this with expect/tcl such that I could send
those signals based on output from ffmpeg.

However, I only ever see the icecast metadata when starting ffmpeg (both
listed in Input #0 and Output #0). Specifically, I'm looking for the
StreamTitle tag.

I've tried tinkering with the -loglevel, nothing there seems to help. I
also found the -icy* parameters, but using those doesn't seem to change
much.

Is there a way to have it output the value of StreamTitle every time it
changes to either stdout or stderr?

Is there another strategy that will accomplish what I'm attempting?

Thanks in advance,
John O.