[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg does not add meta tags to mp2 files

Kimio Miyamura xanadu at apost.plala.or.jp
Sat Jul 25 13:33:55 CEST 2015

Hello Nicolas-san,

>> I have believed Stackoverflow's post.
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11183093/video-metadata-edit-with-ffmpeg
>
> The stackoverflow post is correct: the -metadata option should be after the
> -i options, so it affects the output.
>
> But it does not need to be JUST after the -i option, which is what you
> wrote.

OK now I understand what is wrong with me.  Thanks for your explanation.

I have confirmed that -metadata artist="Jody Marie Gnant" does not affect to the output with Moritz-san's sample code.  ffmpeg version is the latest, N-73994-g1909a91.

Now I'm curious about why -metadata artist="Jody Marie Gnant" does not affected to the output...

Does anyone know why?

Best Regards,

// Miya