[FFmpeg-user] Cropping small portion of input video while rescaling

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jul 26 19:00:49 CEST 2015

Kieran O'Leary <kieran.oleary <at> irishfilm.ie> writes:

> Carl Eugen Hoyos writes:
>
> >> This should be -framerate 24
>
> Is this because I'm using an image sequence?

Yes, you should only use the input option -r
if you have a reason (changing the speed of the
input stream).

> >> -r 24
>
> >> Remove this one unless there is a (specific) reason.
>
> Do you mean that I don't need to specify the
> framerate of the ouput as I've declared it for the
> input?

Imo, you should only declare it if you want another
frame rate for output than for input (= if you
explicitely want frames to be dropped or copied).

> this command be ok?

I cannot really comment on your command but it looks
saner to me than the first one.

> Thanks for your help, Carl.

> I've tried to fix my quoting (manually).

While I also do it sometimes, it's better to fix
your mailer.

Carl Eugen