[FFmpeg-user] Compile ffmpeg w libvpx & libvorbis on Ubuntu 14.04.02 x64

arcassis at gmail.com arcassis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 19:09:31 CEST 2015

Hello,

Can someone show/guide me to compile ffmpeg for Android with enable-libvpx
and enable-libvorbis on Ubuntu 14.04.02 x64?

I've already tried to come up with something using tutorials:
[1]
and
[2]
but without any success.

The tutorials are somehow inconsistent, different errors appear regarding
unsatisfied dependencies, configure logs keep throwing different errors
about not finding different files.

What I did:
1) downloaded and unzipped Android NDK at ~/android-ndk-r10e
2) downloaded, configured, make and make install for the following libs:
libogg, libvorbis and libvpx (according to [1]). All the libs where
downloaded in ~/android-ndk-r10e/sources/ffmpeg
3) after that used build_android.sh (used the one form [2], with some
adaptations to enable libvpx and libvorbis and disable other unusefull
options).
4) after checking the output folder
~/android-ndk-r10e/sources/ffmpeg/android/arm/
realized that in the lib folder I couldn't find any so files, not to
mention any libvpx or libvorbis related artefacts.

I've attached my build_android.sh, configure.log and directory structure in
the archive. Also the links for [1] and [2] are specified in the file
TutorialsUsed.txt.

If someone has a working tutorial about how to compile ffmpeg for android
with support for libvpx and libvorbis using Ubuntu 14.04. x64 I'll be
greatly in his/her debt!

Thanks
*Dan Damian*
*+40767-901-780*