[FFmpeg-user] Scale down if resolution is greater than given?

vedran valajbeg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 03:42:05 CEST 2015

I'm looking for simple bash script which scales down video only if it has
greater resolution than given.

The problem is also with "vertical videos". So i need to check width and
height.

Please, if you have got some script that does that, send it to me.

greetings

p.s.
So far i'm very confused that all those basic steps ffmpeg does through
numerous bash tricks.
It is not possible to get video height/width or length easily but i often
would have to use awk and so many more applications to achieve that.