[FFmpeg-user] Creating an advanced filter effect that repeats the outer pixels

Jesper Taxbøl jesper at taxboel.dk
Mon Jun 8 09:59:08 CEST 2015

I have a full circle image that is cropped in top and bottom. I want to
make it square containing the full circle, but stretch the outmost pixels
in the top and bottom to make the transition in the cropped areas less
noticeable.

Example here: wnjPOqE.jpg <http://i.imgur.com/wnjPOqE.jpg>

The 1440x1 is only used in the pipeline. The end result will be a
resulution around 1440x11440, so that should be fine for ffmpeg.

> Jesper Taxbøl <jesper <at> taxboel.dk> writes:
>
> > /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -y -i test.MP4  -t 10
> > -filter_complex "[0:v:0]crop=1440:1:0:720[OUT]"
> > -c:v libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset ultrafast
> > -tune fastdecode -tune zerolatency -map [OUT]
> > out.mp4
>
> x264 does not allow encoding a height of "1" (it
> has to be even), so even if we would support
> cropping a height of "1" (it is currently forbidden),
> what would be your usecase?
>
> Carl Eugen

Jesper Taxbøl
+45 61627501