[FFmpeg-user] Regarding removal of encryption and crypto support from ffmpeg binary

Sanjay Jadhav Sanjay.Jadhav at sas.com
Sun Jun 28 19:08:27 CEST 2015

Hi Team,

I am using ffmpeg.exe to convert video files from one format to another format.
But due to the encryption algorithms present in ffmpeg.exe this exe cannot be used in some of the countries.
Hence to remove the crypto and encryption support I am using below command to configure ffmpeg for making exe.

Configure -disable-protocol=crypto  --enable-ffmpeg
And then make command.

With this I can generate the exe successfully. But when this exe is used on the server which do not have mingw it throws below error.
The program can't start because libwinpthread-1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Note I am using latest version of mingw to compile the code.
When I put the libwinpthread-1.dll where my ffmpeg.exe is placed then it works fine.

Queries:
1.Is there a way to remove dependency of this libwinpthread-1.dll ?
2.After disabling crypto protocol can we ensure that encryption functionality is completely removed from the generated exe?

Thanks and Regards
Sanjay Jadhav