[FFmpeg-user] How to Disable TLS support in ffmpeg 2.x? TLS Fatal alert

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Mar 3 15:00:54 CET 2015

raccoon <raccoon4me <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Ps. According the ffmpeg wbsite, 2.4.7is the
> latest *stable *release

Apart from the fact that this is simply not true
(where did you find this information?) please
understand that there is nothing "stable" about
FFmpeg releases: Current git head was once (1x)
"unstable" in the last four years, and only for
a short time. Releases are only useful for you
if you are a distributor yourself.

> i do not want to compile above as i can't
> really mess around too much, its not a
> production server, but i do need a strong
> reliability.

This is why you should use current git head.
All releases contain more bugs and less
features (and therefore less reliability).

Note that on this mailing list, only current
git head is supported, you will find support for
a release that comes with your distribution at
your distributor.

Carl Eugen