[FFmpeg-user] Seeking HLS Live "DVR" stream

Joe Flateau joef at sidearmsports.com
Wed Mar 4 22:43:04 CET 2015

I have an hls live stream, using -hls_list_size 0 it contains all segments of the stream so clients can seek all the way back to the beginning.

I want to be able to let users cut a clip out of that, so I have an interface that lets them choose an in and out point and the server fires up an ffmpeg process with -ss and -t the problem is... the -ss is seeking from "live" instead of from when the stream started. is there a way to force the apple http live streaming demuxer to seek from the start of the stream instead of "live"?