[FFmpeg-user] Questions about readout important metadata from DPX files ("logarthmic/linear") and recreate DPX with same metadata

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Mon Mar 9 22:14:21 CET 2015

On 03/09/2015 09:35 PM, Dave Rice wrote:
> Using framemd5 verification after ffv1 encoding, I’ve found about 3
> frames that weren’t lossless. This is out of probably millions of
> frames, but computer problems happen. In all of the cases the a local
> computer was using an input and an output that were accessed over a
> network and re-running the process a second time produced an
> error-free output.

We've encountered something similar when transcoding FFV1 over the
network. So we used framemd5 not to verify FFV1's losslessness, but to
validate that the transcoding goes error-free :)
FFmpeg's framemd5 became *the* feature for professional video preservation.

So, thanks again for all your great work here!

Regards,
Pb