[FFmpeg-user] Decklink Capture

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 00:01:35 CET 2015

On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 07:14:31 AM Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-devices.html#decklink-1
> Is this page particularly difficult to find?

That is for output. There is nothing there in regard to selecting it as an
input. How do I select the input interface? My card has 5 different video input
interfaces, and 3 audio input interfaces. Is both audio and video implied when
setting the device as an input, or do you need to specify input devices for
audio and video separately?

I’ve used bmdtools and piped it to ffmpeg for quite a while, and they work fine.
I’m just curious about trying to access it directly.

-Reuben