[FFmpeg-user] Decklink Capture

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 02:00:40 CET 2015

On Thursday, March 12, 2015 08:01:04 PM Dave Rice wrote:
> > On Mar 12, 2015, at 7:30 PM, Reuben Martin <reuben.m at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I’m hoping less overhead due to the elimination of all the memory copy
> >> going on with the pipe. I won’t be able to test till tomorrow.
> >
> > It did minor testing today and didn’t notice anything abnormal aside from
> > ffplay complaining quite verbosely about buffer overruns when opening
> > directly with ffplay.
>
> Try -re before the input.

-re doesn’t apply to ffplay.

> > Otherwise, there is a small reduction in overhead, and the video
> > is smoother when reducing the output framerate to half that of the input.
> > (60 to 30 in my case)

And by smoother, I just mean that discarding every other frame seems to flow
smoother on the playback. I think there may be something different going on
with how the timestamps on frames work when pulling directly from source as
opposed to a pipe. But then again the perceived difference is subtle, so it may
just be placebo effect.

> What OS are you using?

Gentoo